- We do not sell customer information;
- We require any person or organization providing products or services to customers on our behalf to protect the confidentiality of CIA customer information to the same degree that they protect their own confidential information;
- We emphasize the importance of protecting personal information and train our employees to handle customer information in strict confidence.
What kind of personal information do we have and how do we obtain it?
We collect and use information we believe is necessary to administer our business, to advise you about our products and services, and to provide you with customer service. We may collect and maintain several types of customer information for these purposes. The following are examples of the types of information we may collect and how this information is obtained:
- From you (on applications for our insurance and banking products or on other forms, through telephone or in-person interviews, or through your dealings with your CIA Insurance agent), we may collect your name, address, telephone number, email, social security number, bank or credit card account numbers, and employment information.
- From your transactions with us, we may collect your payment history, underwriting and claims documents or certain online transactions.
- From other Insurance resources, we may collect your driving record and claim history.
- From consumer reporting agencies, we may collect your credit history.
How is this information used?
We use the information we collect only in accordance with applicable laws and to provide our Services to you, such as to determine your eligibility for insurance, underwrite your policies, process your claims, ensure proper billing, service your accounts, and offer you other CIA products that we believe may suit your needs. We may also use the information we collect to monitor and investigate fraud, identity theft, and other illegal activity and to personalize and improve the Services.
With whom is this information shared?
We do not sell our customers’ nonpublic personal information to other unaffiliated companies for their marketing purposes.
We share information about our transactions (such as payment of premium) and experiences with you (such as an auto accident) within CIA and with CIA Insurance agents to better serve you and to assist in meeting your current product and service needs. We may also share information about you to:
- Our affiliated insurance and financial services companies, your independent agent or broker, and other third parties who perform a business, professional or insurance function for our company, including our reinsurance companies, to perform services on our and your behalf;
- Independent claims adjusters, appraisers, investigators, medical professionals, and attorneys who need the information to investigate, defend or settle a claim involving you;
- Other insurance companies, agents or consumer reporting agencies as necessary in connection with any application, policy or claim involving you;
- Insurance support organizations that are established to collect information for the purposes of detecting and preventing insurance crimes or fraudulent claims;
- Companies that perform marketing services for us or with whom we have joint marketing agreements, which allows us to provide a broader selection of insurance and financial products to you;
- Medical care institutions or medical professionals to verify coverage or conduct an audit of services;
- Insurance regulatory agencies in connection with the regulation of our business;
- Law enforcement or other governmental authorities to protect our legal interests or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities;
- Persons or organizations that conduct scientific research, including actuarial or underwriting studies, provided that no individual may be identified in the studies;
- Another party, if required by a summons, court order, search warrant or subpoena.
Automatically Collected Information (Cookies, Browser Information, IP addresses, etc.)
Like most website operators, CIA collects information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as browser type, language preferences, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. CIA’s purpose in collecting this information is to better understand how CIA website visitors use its website. This information is used for internal purposes to improve our website, Services, and marketing efforts.
How do we safeguard the confidentiality of information about you?
CIA works to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized access by implementing several security safeguards, procedures, and practices. Employees understand that customer information is to be handled in strict confidence and that they play a critical role in the protection and security of confidential information.
We maintain physical, electronic, and organizational safeguards to protect customer information. We continually review our practices and test the strength of our security in order to help us ensure the confidentiality of customer information.
Communications with our website that contain confidential information require that a “secure session” first be established. Such communication between CIA and its customers is encoded using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
About the CIA Insurance & Risk Management
CIA Insurance & Risk Management includes insurance company affiliates offering personal and commercial lines of property and casualty insurance to businesses and individuals in various Mid-Atlantic, Midwestern, New England and Southern states. Our property and casualty insurance affiliates include:
- CIA Financial Group, Inc.
This privacy notice is provided jointly on behalf of the companies identified above.
Financial services are offered through our banking affiliate, IPFS Corporation, aka Imperial PFS. Some payment options utilize the services of Chemical Bank, A division of TCF National Bank.
For further information:
CIA Insurance & Risk Management
45600 Village Blvd.
Shelby Twp, MI 48315